Shipping a car from New York To Florida might not be the easiest way for the car lovers like me.
Collectors of luxury and vintage vehicles understand the importance of protecting their cars against the elements and against wear and tear when they use car transportation services. That’s why, when they need to move their vehicles across long distances like New York to car shows on Oceans Drive in Miami or specialist service centers, they choose enclosed car transport. Find out more on this website about car transport from NY to Florida.
What is enclosed auto transport?
Are you wondering: What does open transport mean? What is the difference between open and enclosed car shipping? Let us explain…
Auto transportation companies offer two types of shipping, namely open and enclosed auto shipping.
Open car carriers are haulers with open trailers. These trucks usually have one or two racks on which cars are secured to prevent movement or shifting. Up to 10 vehicles can be transported on these trailers.
Enclosed auto transport is facilitated using trucks with walls and roofs. Vehicles that are transported using this method are not visible from the outside, and they are protected against the element, road debris, and prying eyes.
Some of the main reasons why discerning vehicle owners choose enclosed auto transport are because:
1. It’s a great way to protect your investment – Most people treasure their vehicles, as one of their most prized possessions. We don’t want to risk scratches, paint chips or dents from road debris. While open car shipping is completely safe and the risk is minimal, enclosed auto shipping offers that additional peace of mind of knowing that your car is protected by walls and a roof. It’s the ideal shipping method for high-end luxury, sports cars or antique vehicles.
2. It provides maximum security – If you have an extra soft spot for your vehicle, then rest assured that enclosed auto transport provides an extra measure of security against prying eyes. Additionally, enclosed auto transporters have to carry a minimum of $250,000 in insurance. Btw, this is why it is a MUST to ship your old timer vehicle from New York to Miami.
3. It protects against the elements – Many people wait to ship their vehicles during spring or summer when the roads and weather conditions improve. However, with enclosed auto transport, you don’t have to wait. Drivers of enclosed trailers are experienced at driving in all weather conditions and will deliver your vehicle in the exact same condition it was in when it was loaded onto the truck.
This means your car will be picked up from the Times Square in New York and transported to Ocean Drive in Miami, Florida in the same pristine condition.
How much does it cost to ship a car enclosed from NY to Florida?
As you will notice from using an online car shipping calculator, enclosed auto shipping does cost more than open car shipping, because:
- An enclosed carrier holds up to 4 vehicles, whereas an open carrier ships up to 10 cars at a time. With more trucks on the road and more capacity, it makes sense that open carriers are cheaper.
- Enclosed auto shipping trailers use special containers or trailers to ship vehicles. This provides added protection from the elements and protection from prying eyes.
- Enclosed carriers use special security equipment to help prevent road shock and vehicle movement.
- There are fewer enclosed carriers on the road, due to the popularity and cheaper price of open carriers.
However, if you need that added reassurance that your vehicle is safe, it is definitely the way to go. For more information, you can also visit sites like Auto’s Need for further assistance